Originally aired February 21, 2014
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons popcorn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
Pour the oil and popcorn into a heavy, deep pot. Place over medium heat, cover and shake, moving the pot constantly. Continue cooking the popcorn until the popping slows down, about 3-4 seconds between the pops. Pour into a medium-sized bowl.
Melt butter in a small pot and add in sun-dried tomato pesto. Melt for 2-3 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine oregano, garlic salt, onion powder, red pepper flakes and set aside.
Drizzle the sun-dried tomato butter over the popcorn and mix until the popcorn is coated. Sprinkle with pizza spice mixture, cheese and basil.