Aired February 21, 2014
- 2 pounds ground turkey (blend of white and dark meat)
- 2 rounded tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 rounded tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion, a scant palmful
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 pretzel rolls (available from Whole Foods)
- Course sea salt (if not included in your pack of rolls)
- 6 slices extra-sharp cheddar
- Toppings: stemmed Romaine hearts, sliced tomatoes, onions, pickle stackers, brown mustard
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Preheat a cast-iron griddle or grill pan to medium-high.
Combine meat with spices, garlic, crème fraiche or sour cream and parsley. Form 6 patties thinner at center and thicker at edges for even cooking. Drizzle patties or rub grill with oil and cook 10-12 minutes turning occasionally. Once almost cooked to desired doneness, melt cheddar on each burger.
Brush rolls with water then sprinkle with sea salt (possibly included in package), bake 3 minutes as per directions, remove from oven and split.
Serve burgers on rolls topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles and brown mustard.