Serve this on crusty bread or as a brunch dip mounded in a bowl and topped with chopped tomatoes and bacon, and Romaine hearts and tortilla chips for dipping.
Originally aired April 28, 2014
- 12 slices good-quality, smoky, center-cut bacon
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red jalapeño or Fresno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 2 large ripe Hass avocados, pitted and scooped from skins
- A small handful cilantro, chopped
- 12 eggs
- Cayenne pepper hot sauce, 2-3 teaspoons, such as Frank’s Red Hot or Romaine hearts
- Vine tomatoes, sliced
- 4 8- to 10-inch baguettes, split or tortilla chips for dipping
This Show Has Not Aired. Check back here for the step-by-step instructions after you see Rachael make this recipe on the show.