Aaron McCargo, Jr.'s BBQ Brisket Quesadillas
Make these out from the leftovers of Aaron's Brisket.
- 3 cups cooked and shredded brisket, warm
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, warm
- Olive oil
- 12 flour tortillas
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves roughly chopped
- For the guacamole:
- 2 hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Yields: 8-10 servings
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Make the guacamole: In a medium bowl scoop the avocado flesh; mash with a fork or potato masher. Fold in the remaining ingredients. Add more salt, if desired. Refrigerate, covered until ready to serve.
Mix the shredded brisket with the barbecue sauce.
Brush olive oil to cover baking sheets. Lay 6 tortillas on the oiled sheet pans and top with equal amounts of brisket/barbecue sauce, cheese, jalapenos, to taste, and cilantro leaves. Top with the remaining tortillas. Brush the tops lightly with more olive oil.
Put the baking sheets in the oven and bake for about 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown.
Serve sliced into wedges with the guacamole on the side.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook