Aretha's Holiday Meatloaf
When Aretha Franklin drops by she brings her holiday meatloaf recipe with her!
- 6 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups of cornflakes (plain) or 3 cups of Wheaties, about 2 to 3 large handfuls
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sliced green olives with pimentos
- 2 green peppers
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Lowery garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans tomato soup, such as Campbell’s
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl, mix ground beef, cornflakes, eggs, green olives, peppers, onions, garlic, garlic salt and red pepper flakes until combined.
On a large baking sheet, form the meat mixture into a loaf shape, cover with foil, and bake 40 minutes.
Take the meat loaf out of the oven, remove the foil and pour both cans of tomato soup over the entire meatloaf. Put it back in the oven and bake, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes.
Garnish and decorate with green olives with pimentos.
This dish would go well with either rice, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti or one of your favorite side dishes.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook