Asian Cucumber Spinach Salad
Serve alongside Yakitori Noodle Bowls.
- 1/3 cup water (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 3 1/4-inch thick slices fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 of a palmful) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon tamari (eyeball it)
- 1 small red, white or Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 seedless cucumbers, trimmed of ends, cut in half lengthwise then thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 pound baby spinach, washed thoroughly
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Yields: 4 servings
Place the water, vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes and tamari in a small saucepot over medium-high heat, bring up to a bubble and simmer one minute. Remove and discard the garlic and ginger.
Place the sliced onions in a salad bowl and pour the hot mixture over them. Let sit until cool.
Add the cucumbers and spinach to the salad bowl, toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook