Autumn Roasted Chicken and Sausages with Balsamic Drizzle
Roasting chicken, sausages and grapes is a simple and elegant supper!
- 4 pieces bone-in chicken thighs with legs attached
- 1 pound Italian sweet sausages
- 3 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, 2 finely chopped
- 7 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme, 4 finely chopped
- 12 baby potatoes, such as baby Yukon gold
- 8 shallots, halved through root and peeled or 4 small red onions, quartered through root end
- 1 pound bunch black seedless grapes, snipped into small clusters
- Balsamic drizzle, to garnish
Yields: Serves 4
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
In a large, shallow roasting pan, dress chicken and sausages with about 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Season with chopped rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
Toss the potatoes, shallots and black grapes with remaining EVOO, salt and pepper and add to the roasting pan. Bundle the rosemary and thyme sprigs and toss them in the pan as well. Roast 45-50 minutes until the meat juices run clear and the chicken skin and sausage casings are crispy.
To serve, arrange meat, sausage, potatoes, shallots and grapes on dinner plates and garnish with pan juices and balsamic drizzle.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook