Balsamic Glazed Smoky Chicken Caprese Sandwiches
Adding smoked cheese and a balsamic glaze add life to any chicken sandwich!
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/3 palmful
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 6-ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, such as Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 8 1/4-inch thick slices smoked mozzarella or scamorza cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn or shredded
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- Olive oil potato chips
Yields: Serves 4
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Arrange tomatoes on a cooling rack set over baking sheet and roast 20 minutes.
Combine balsamic, EVOO, garlic, rosemary, oregano and red pepper flakes in large plastic food storage bag or shallow dish. Set chicken into marinade and let stand 20 minutes.
Heat grill pan or griddle to medium-high. Shake excess marinade off chicken and place on grill. Season with grill seasoning blend. Grill chicken 5-6 minutes on each side.
Combine arugula and basil, and pile onto roll bottoms. Top greens with a piece of chicken, 2 pieces of cheese and a couple of oven-roasted tomatoes.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook