A brand new chili!
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 pounds ground sirloin, pork, turkey or chicken
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup beer
- 2cups beef stock or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons cider or wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 box cornbread, prepared to package directions
- 2 to 3 thin scallions, finely chopped
- Butter, for greasing muffin tin
- Optional toppings for chili: Shredded sharp yellow cheddar, finely chopped red onions, chopped dill pickles
Yields: Serves 4 to 6
Heat a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high heat with EVOO. Add bacon and cook 3 minutes to render fat then remove to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve.
Add meat to drippings and brown until dark. Season with Worcestershire sauce then add onions and garlic, and season with black pepper. Cook a couple of minutes more to soften veggies. Add chili powder and paprika, add reserved bacon back to pot and stir in beer. Reduce a minute then add stock. Combine vinegar, brown sugar and tomato sauce then stir mixture into chili. Bring to a bubble, reduce heat and let simmer.
Prepare corn muffin mix to package directions, adding scallions into mix. Grease a muffin tin and fill with corn muffin mix. Bake to package directions.
Serve warm muffins topped with chili, cheese, onions and pickles.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook