Broccolini and Bucatini
This dish with fresh broccolini is a quick family favorite!
- 1 pound broccolini or broccoli trimmed into 3 inch long, thin florets
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 1 cup pecorino Romano cheese, freshly shaved or grated
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Italian red chili or Fresno chili pepper, thinly sliced or substitute 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced or grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
Yields: Serves 4
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta. When it comes to a full boil, salt the water and add broccolini or broccoli and par-boil about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted kitchen utensil and cool in an ice water bath, then drain. Add pasta and cook to al dente.
Heads up: you will need a couple of ladles starchy cooking water just before draining pasta.
Place cheese in the bottom of a shallow serving bowl.
Meanwhile, heat EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, over medium heat and add chili pepper and garlic, sauté a couple of minutes. Then add thyme and stir, then add broccolini or broccoli and heat through. Add pasta and cheese and toss with a little starchy water to combine and coat pasta.
Garnish with additional grated cheese.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook