Buttered Toast Crispy Fishwiches
This quick and easy fish sammy doesn't get any tastier!
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, plus some for toast
- 1 1/2 cups Panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, a palmful
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A couple of tablespoons thyme, freshly chopped
- A couple of tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 4 pieces cod filet, 6-ounces each
- Salt and pepper
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins, toasted and buttered or Breakfast Bread by Thomas' or sliced English Muffin bread, toasted and lightly buttered
- Lemon juice or malt vinegar, oil and vinegar-dressed slaw salad or shredded iceberg lettuce, bread-and-butter pickle slices, finely chopped red onion
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Pour melted butter over Panko crumbs and work into the crumbs to evenly distribute. Season the crumbs with Old Bay, onion and garlic powders, lemon zest, thyme and chives.
Season the fish with salt and pepper, and coat in egg whites, then crumbs and arrange on slotted broiler pan or cooling rack arranged over baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until deeply golden and crispy, and dress with lemon juice or malt vinegar.
Serve on toasted muffin or muffin bread with slaw or shredded lettuce. Top with pickles and onions, and muffin top or toasted muffin bread.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook