Carole Reed's Seared Strip Steaks With Blueberry Mushroom Pan Sauce
One of the finalist's recipes in Rachael's "Ten Ingredient Challenge"
- 4 New York strip steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 10 to 12 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 herb apricot mix recipe
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup blueberry liquid from Blueberry Cream Soup recipe
Yields: 4 servings
Season steaks with salt and pepper. Sear them in a large skillet over high heat with EVOO until desired doneness. Set aside to rest.
Add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter and EVOO to the skillet, then sauté mushrooms until brown. Add herb apricot mix during the last minute or so of sautéing.
Add beef broth to deglaze the pan, then add the blueberry liquid and simmer the sauce until it reduces by about half. Add the final tablespoon of butter and stir to finish the sauce. Pour mushroom pan sauce over the steaks.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook