Chef Ryan Scott’s Tomatillo Chicken Taco Dip
A hot version of the cold traditional dip! It can be frozen and or refrigerated.
- 1/2 pound cooked, shredded chicken, store-bought is fine
- 1/2 tablespoon packaged taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup roasted tomatillo salsa
- 1/2 cup Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
Yields: 1 1/2 quarts
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Mix the chicken, taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, tomatillo salsa and cheese in a large bowl, reserving a quarter of the cheese for the top.
Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish and top with the reserved cheese. (The recipe can be refrigerated or frozen at this point.)
Bake until the dip is bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
Top with the lime juice, red onion, scallions, lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives and cilantro (if using) and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook