Chicken and Waffles with Maple Apples
This is a BLD recipe; you can make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus some for brushing waffle iron
- 4 gala or honey crisp apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 8 slices bacon, baked until crisp on slotted pan at 375 degrees, finely chopped
- 2 cups whole grain waffle mix
- About 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups reduced fat milk – start with 1 1/2 and if mix gets too thick, add more
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded 1/4 inch thick
- EVOO or vegetable oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
Yields: Serves 4
Heat waffle iron to high.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat, add apples and sauté 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add cinnamon sticks and maple syrup, bring to a bubble and cook at a low boil while waffles cook.
Combine bacon, waffle mix, nutmeg, eggs, milk and stir to combine. Brush waffle iron with butter and fill with bacon-multigrain batter, cook to crisp.
Heat a little olive or vegetable oil, a turn of the pan. Add chicken seasoned liberally with salt and pepper and cook a few minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
Serve chicken on waffle topped with maple apples.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook