Chicken & Potatoes with Chimichurri
This recipe was prepared in Rachael's Loft -- our home away from home in the heart of downtown NYC -- click here for more recipes and entertaining tips from Rachael's Loft!
- 1 pound baby red potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow onions, thickly sliced
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 4 to 5 tablespoons grill seasoning, divided
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 10 bone-in, skin-on pieces
- Salt and pepper
- For the chimichurri:
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed sage leaves
- 2 to 3 sprigs oregano or marjoram, leaves removed from stems
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
Arrange potatoes, lemon, onions, thyme and stock in a roasting pan. Drizzle with EVOO and season with grill seasoning. Arrange chicken pieces on top of the potatoes, drizzle with EVOO and season liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Transfer to oven and roast for about 30 minutes, until chicken piece reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
While the chicken is roasting, throw together the Chimichurri: In the bowl of a food processor, add parsley, sage, oregano or marjoram leaves, shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes and red wine vinegar. Pulse to chop up the herbs then leave running while streaming in about 1/2 cup EVOO. Process to make a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper, and reserve.
Serve the chicken and potatoes either hot or cold with the chimichurri alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook