Chicken Shawarma Satay with Sumac and Tahini Drizzle
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips or 12 chicken tenders
- 12 to 16 6-inch bamboo or wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1 tablespoon coriander (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon cumin (a palmful)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (a palmful)
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons store-bought sesame tahini paste, thinned with a little water and lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sumac, for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Yields: 12-16 skewers
Preheat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high to high heat.
Skewer each piece of chicken on a wooden skewer and set aside.
Combine coriander, cumin, cardamom, chili powder, paprika, a pinch of salt and pepper on a shallow plate or in a bowl then mix with lemon juice and EVOO. Grate in garlic, add chicken, turn in spices and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
Grill chicken until marked on each side and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
When the chicken is done, place skewers on a platter, drizzle with tahini and sprinkle with sumac and sesame.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook