Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki Sauce on Garlic Naan
This recipe was featured in the May 2012 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and shredded on a box grater
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 lemons, divided
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated or minced, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken tenders, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 garlic naan
- Sandwich fixins: Chopped romaine, diced tomato, chopped Greek hot peppers and chopped red onion.
Place the cucumber in a strainer, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 minutes. Press out the liquid.
In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the EVOO, half the lemon juice, three-quarters of the garlic, the parsley and oregano. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, drop into the bag and marinate for 10 minutes while you preheat the broiler.
Scatter the chicken across a broiler pan and broil, turning once, until charred and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. In a food processor, purée the drained cucumber, the yogurt, the remaining lemon juice and garlic, the mint, coriander and cumin; season with pepper.
Splash a little water on the griddle and add the naan 2 at a time. Cook, turning once to crisp up, about 2-4 minutes.
Pile the chicken onto the naan and top with the fixins and tzatziki sauce.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook