Chicken Yakitori Noodle Bowls
This is one of the healthy (and delicious!) recipes heading to school cafeterias thanks to a partnership between Rachael, her Yum-o! organization and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Serve with Whole Wheat Spaghetti.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or finely minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed of root ends and cut into 2-inch pieces on an angle
- 1/3 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Place a large pot of water over high heat for the noodles. Once boiling, add some salt and the noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain thoroughly.
While the water is coming up to a boil, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the vegetable oil, about two turns of the pan. Toss the chicken with the grated ginger and season with some pepper. Add the chicken to the hot skillet; spread it out in an even layer and let it brown up for a couple of minutes.
Shake and stir the skillet to turn the chicken pieces, then add the scallions, Tamari (eyeball it), sugar and sesame oil; bring up to a bubble and simmer for 1 minute.
Add the drained noodles to the skillet and toss to combine. To serve, transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with some of the toasted sesame seeds.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook