Chipotle Queso with Pumpkin Seeds and Honey
One of Rachael's favorite people, and this week's mystery taster, is coming to the kitchen table just in time for this tasty treat!
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle in adobo, puréed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon honey
Place oven rack in the top third of the oven and preheat oven to 500°F.
In an 8-inch, cast-iron skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion with garlic in EVOO until soft and slightly caramelized. Add the chipotle purée, some salt and cilantro.
Spread the onions in an even layer across the bottom of the skillet, top with the grated cheese and place in oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
Remove from oven and pour excess oil off the top. Sprinkle with queso fresco, toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of honey, and serve with chips.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook