Coconut Chicken Cutlets
Try this sweet twist on chicken cutlets!
- 8 chicken cutlets, slightly pounded
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- 1 to 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or tamari
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 scallions, whites and greens sliced
Yields: Serves 4
Preheat oven to 250˚F. Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet and place in oven.
Arrange 3 shallow dishes: Place about a cup of flour on first plate to dredge the chicken. Beat eggs with a splash of water in second dish. Combine the panko and coconut in the third dish.
Heat a thin layer of EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then coat them in flour, then egg, then breadcrumb-coconut mixture. Fry in 2 batches until deep golden in color, 3-4 minutes on each side. Keep chicken crisp in warm oven and repeat with remaining chicken.
In a small skillet over medium-high heat, stir together pineapple preserves, jalapeño slices, rice wine vinegar or tamari, and chicken stock. Reduce until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in scallions.
To serve, arrange chicken on a platter and pour sauce over the top.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook