Creamy Dijon-Tarragon Chicken with Rice Pilaf
This recipe was featured in the November 2012 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup broken spaghetti pieces
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1/4 pound haricots verts (thin green beans), stemmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the pasta; cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the rice; season with salt and pepper. Stir in 2 1/4 cups stock, cover, lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 18 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring an inch or two of water to a boil. Add the haricots verts and cook until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and let cool.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
To the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoons EVOO and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until foaming, then add the shallots and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 3/4 cup stock, crème fraîche, tarragon and mustard.
Slice the chicken and add to the sauce in the pan. Stir in the green beans. Serve with the pilaf.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook