Deviled Easter Eggs
- 1 dozen large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 clove garlic, pasted or grated
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish, such as Heinz
- About 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard, yellow or Dijon
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Thinly sliced red chili pepper, such as small Fresno chilies, for garnish
- 24 capers, for garnish
Yields: 12 deviled Easter eggs
Place eggs in a pot, cover with water and bring to a full boil. Turn off heat, cover pot and let stand 10 minutes. Drain water and crack eggs by shaking pot. Run eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle.
Peel eggs and trim tops. Remove yolks to present eggs upright. You should have 12 upright eggs.
To the hard-boiled egg yolks, add grated onion, grating directly over bowl to catch the onion juice, garlic, relish, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, mayo – a few tablespoons to start – mash to very smooth, adding a bit more mayo if too dry.
Cut a corner off a plastic bag and fill with the deviled filling. Pipe into egg whites and garnish with a thinly sliced red chili pepper for the beak and 2 capers per egg for the eyes. Top with trimmed egg top.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook