Easy Beef and Bacon Bundles with Worcestershire Gravy
- 8 slices smoky, black pepper bacon
- 8 slices beef round, about 1 3/4 pounds, pounded very thin
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 bundle flat or curly parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef consommé or stock
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds thin-skinned potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
Bake bacon on a slotted pan at 375ºF until lightly crisped, about 10 minutes. Remove and cool to handle.
Season the thin beefsteaks with salt and pepper. Arrange a slice of bacon on each and top each with a small handful of onion, a pinch of garlic and some parsley. Roll and secure each bundle with a toothpick.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat. Brown meat bundles evenly; remove to a plate. Add another tablespoon butter to the pan and sprinkle in flour. Whisk 1 minute then whisk in consommé or stock, milk and Worcestershire. Add meat back to the pan and reduce heat to low simmer. Cover and simmer 75-90 minutes until tender.
Boil potatoes in salted water to tender, 15 minutes. Add green beans in the last 5 minutes to pot to cook along with potatoes.
Remove meat bundles to a platter. Remove toothpicks and drizzle a little gravy over top. Toss drained potatoes and beans with remaining gravy and serve alongside beef bundles.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook