Erin Chase's Cranberry Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes
This crock pot meal feeds a family of four for less than five bucks!
- 4 pork chops, about 1.25 lbs ($2.52) - Buy them on sale when the price is $1.99/lb
- 1/2 bag fresh cranberries ($.50)
- 1/2 cup apple or orange juice ($.07)
- 1/4 cup sugar ($.03)
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar ($.03)
- 3 large sweet potatoes ($1.79)
Yields: 4 servings
Place pork chops in bottom of crockpot.
In bowl, combine fresh or canned cranberries, apple or orange juice, sugars and ground cloves. Stir well. Pour over the pork chops in the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Slit sweet potatoes with knife or vent with fork. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 for 1 hour in baking dish with 1/4 inch water. Cover with foil. Remove and let cool about 10 minutes. Peel skins off of the potato and mash. Serve with cinnamon and butter if you like.
Serve pork chops with cranberry sauce and a side of mashed sweet potatoes.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook