Fake-Out Mini Lasagnas
- 8 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 24 ravioli, square or round depending on your muffin tin
- 1/2 pound ball fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 bunch of basil leaves, about 24
Yields: 12 as a snack
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
Arrange tomato slices on a rack set over a sheet pan and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and roast until tender and caramelized, about 45 minutes. Reserve.
While tomatoes are roasting, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it and cook ravioli to package directions and drain.
Raise oven temp to 375°F.
Build mini lasagnas in the cups of a muffin tin - start with a ravioli, a roasted tomato, a sprinkle of mozzarella, a sprinkle of parm, 1 basil leaf, and repeat once. Reserve remaining basil leaves.
Bake in oven until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes. Thinly slice the remaining basil for garnish.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook