Five Spice Barbequed Turkey Sliders with Mango Relish
This burger is packed with flavor and won't blow your diet! Plus it tastes even better with Oven-Baked Veggie Fries!
- 1 pound ground turkey or turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons five spice powder, about 2/3 palmful
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, Chinese-style barbeque sauce available in the Asian food aisle of market
- 1/2 mango, peeled, pitted and finely diced
- 1/4 bell pepper, seeded and chopped into fine dice
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped into fine dice
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small head of butter or bibb lettuce
- 8 small brioche rolls, dinner rolls or packaged slider rolls, such as Pepperidge Farm
Yields: Makes 8, 2-ounce sliders
In a medium mixing bowl, add turkey, five spice powder, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and chives. Form 8 2-ounce slider-size patties, about 3 inches in diameter.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil. Add sliders and cook 3 minutes on each side. Once you turn the patties, baste with the hoisin sauce.
While the burgers are cooking, combine the mango, red pepper, red onion, lime juice and honey and stir to combine.
Place a burger on a roll and top with lettuce and mango relish.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook