Garrett Hartley's Crawfish Etouffee
Check out this recipe from Rachael's fourth Super Bowl Recipe Playoff!
- 1 cup of oil & some flour to make a rue
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (preferred low sodium)
- 1/8 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of Tony’s seasoning
- 2 cans of Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 lbs of crawfish tails (already de-veined)- shrimp can be substituted for crawfish or can do 1/2 crawfish or 1/2 shrimp in a bind
- 2 cups white rice (enough for plating)
Start the rue, with 1 cup of oil and add flour, continuously stirring.
Once you reach a peanut butter consistency with the rue, add chopped onions, bell peppers, celery, green onions, and parsley flakes. Sweat out veggies until soft; have boiling water on side in case you need to thin out the mixture.
Boil 4 cups of water. Once at a boil, stir in rice, reduce heat to low and cover for 15 minutes.
Throw in all sauces and seasoning: the Worcestershire sauce, soy, onion power, garlic powder, soup, tomato sauce and Tony’s seasoning. Stir for about 20 minutes (to taste).
Add crawfish and cook for final 5-7 minutes.
To serve, add white rice in a bowl and add ladle full of etouffee over rice.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook