Gordon Ramsay's Strawberry Shortbreads
A recipe from the Hell's Kitchen chef's new book, Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food.
These can be ready in a matter of minutes and they look impressive – even thrown together in a higgledy-piggledy manner for a casual supper. Just make sure you buy fine quality, thin shortbreads and assemble just before serving.
- Generous 3/4 cup crème fraîche
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, plus extra to dust
- 8 all-butter round shortbreads
- 14 ounces strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Few mint sprigs (leaves only), roughly shredded, plus a few sprigs to finish
Yields: 4 servings
Put the crème fraîche, whipping cream, and 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar into a large bowl. Beat lightly until smooth and just thick, taking care not to overwhisk. Taste and add a little more confectioners’ sugar, if you like.
Place a shortbread on each serving plate. Spoon a large dollop of the creamy mixture on top. Scatter the strawberries and mint over the cream.
Dust the other shortbreads with confectioners’ sugar and rest them on top of the strawberries. Add a mint sprig to each dessert and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook