Green Tortilla Chili
Using store-bought rotisserie chicken makes this supper quick and easy.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, stripped and shredded or 1 to 1 1/2 pounds leftover roast turkey meat, shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 rounded tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 16-ounce jar tomatillo salsa
- 1 beer, any brand you like
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 handfuls tortilla chips, divided
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
Yields: 6 servings
Heat a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Cook onions, garlic, and jalapeño until soft, about 4 minutes.
Add chili powder and cumin, and cook for another minute. Add the tomatillo salsa, beer and stock. Bring up to a bubble and add in the shredded chicken. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, grind 2 handfuls of the tortilla chips and the cilantro leaves in a food processor. Add this mixture to the chili and continue cooking until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
Right before spooning into bowls, add in the lime juice and serve with some whole corn tortilla chips alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook