Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad
- For the Grilled Buffalo Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and lots of coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- About 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot cayenne pepper sauce
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley and chives
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Chopped hearts of romaine, 4-5 cups
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 ribs of celery, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 4 scallions sliced on an angle
Heat indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high.
Spray chicken with cooking spray and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Grill to cooked through, about 12 minutes or so.
Melt butter in a skillet and add enough hot sauce to coat the chicken. Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss it in the sauce.
For the dressing, whisk buttermilk with yogurt, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir in blue cheese.
Line a platter or base plate with a salad of lettuce, carrots and celery. Dollop dressing over salad, top with buffalo chicken and garnish with scallions.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook