Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Maple Mustard
- Good quality smoky bacon, 3 slices per sandwich (I like Oscar’s Smoke House Bacon)
- Good quality salted butter, melted
- 8 hand-sliced slices white bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded super sharp cheddar or 8 slices white cheddar cheese (I prefer Oscar’s Smoke House XXX Cheddar)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded or 8 slices Gruyère cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place bacon on a slotted broiler pan and bake to crisp.
Brush 1 side of each slice of bread liberally with melted butter.
Stir together Dijon mustard and maple syrup in a small bowl.
Assemble sandwiches: bread, buttered side out, maple mustard, cheddar, bacon, Gruyère, bread with mustard on inside, buttered side out.
Grill sandwiches on a nonstick griddle over medium heat until cheese melts and they’re deeply golden.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook