Grilled Pork Chops with Fresh Berry Compote
A sauce of blueberries, onion, lemon and thyme is the perfect sweet-savory sidekick to hearty pork chops.
This recipe was featured in Rach's Weeknight Meal Planner.
- 5 tbsp. EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pt. blueberries (Prep Smart! Dont wash blueberries more than 1 day ahead of using or they may mold.)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 sprigs thyme (USE THE REST OF THE BUNCH WEDNESDAY.)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 bone-in, 1/2-inch-thick pork chops (7 oz. each)
- 1 box (10 oz.) couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 2/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped (USE THE REST OF THE BUNCH THURSDAY.)
Yields: Serves 4
Preheat a grill. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-low heat; add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, thyme sprigs and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Simmer until the blueberries have released their juices and the compote has thickened, about 5 minutes. Discard the thyme sprigs and keep the sauce warm.
Brush the pork chops with 2 tbsp. EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes for medium; remove from the grill and let stand.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, prepare the couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork, then stir in the parsley, lemon zest and remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the couscous onto plates. Add the chops and any juices and spoon the berry compote on top.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook