Ham or Smoked Pork Chops with Apples, Leeks and Honey-Mustard Toast
A perfect meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 4 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 1 rounded teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 rounded teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ham steaks, cut into 4 portions or 4 smoked pork chops
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large or 3 medium leeks, halved and cut into 1-inch chunks on an angle
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1/8 cup apple brandy
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 4 thick slices white bread, toasted
Combine 2 tablespoons butter with Dijon and honey; reserve.
Warm a serving dish in a 275°F oven.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil, a turn of the pan. Add ham steaks or smoked chops and cook to caramelize and heat through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer ham or chops to warm serving dish and cover with foil.
Add remaining oil, a turn of the pan, to skillet and sauté the apples until tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes. Add leeks and season with salt, pepper and thyme, and cook 3-4 minutes more to soften. Deglaze pan with brandy, then wine or stock. Melt in remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
Toast bread and butter with honey-Dijon mixture.
Serve ham steak or smoked chops with apples and leeks on top and toast points alongside.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook