The Hot Mess
Check out this recipe from Rachael's burger cook-off contest!
- Hot Mess spread:
- 8 to 12 ounces chopped bacon
- 8 to 12 ounces chopped dill pickles
- 8 to 12 ounces chopped red onion
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped (seeds included)
- 12 to 16 ounces Thousand Island dressing
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef (80/20) ground chuck
- 4 to 8 slices American cheese, depends on how cheesy you like it.
- 1/2 head of iceberg, shredded
- 8 to 12 ounces sweet potato French fries
- 16 ounces Thousand Island dressing
- 4 Deli rolls
Yields: 4 servings
In medium to large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the hot mess spread.
Fry sweet potato fries in canola oil. (Use a fryer if available or a pan with enough room to submerge the French fries)
Cook 4 8-ounce burgers to your specific liking. (I prefer Medium) on a flat griddle or grill. At 350°F-400°F, add 2 slices of American cheese to each burger. Butter and toast the buns face down on the grill or in a separate frying pan.
Put the burgers on the buns and then layer with the: 1. mixed ingredients (spoon on and spread out the mix generously) 2. Add shredded lettuce on top of the spread 3. Place about 5-6 sweet potato French fries over the lettuce 4. 2-4oz Thousand Island dressing over the top of the fries on each burger.
Serve open-faced with some chips on the side if desired.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook