Italian Fish & Chips
Rachael's take on an English classic.
- 4 white, thin-skinned potatoes, thinly sliced into wedges
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, cracked from skins
- 2 tablespoons (a couple of sprigs) rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 filets of red snapper (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
Yields: 4 servings
Heat the oven to 500°F.
Place the potato wedges on a baking sheet and drizzle about 3 tablespoons of EVOO over them. Add crushed garlic and season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes to coat then roast 20-25 minutes until tender and golden at edges.
Once the potatoes have reached their halfway point, heat 1/4 of a cup of EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and lots of black pepper.
Combine the cornmeal, flour, Parmigiano and lemon zest on a plate and coat the fish evenly. Add fish to skillet, skin side up, and cook until deeply golden brown, 7-8 minutes total, turning occasionally.
While the fish cooks, combine tomatoes, parsley, scallions, lemon juice and a drizzle of EVOO in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve the fish with a little raw sauce on top and potatoes alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook