Jalapeño Popper Cornbread Waffles
Waffles aren't just for breakfast anymore! Try this spiced up waffle for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup, sharp yellow cheddar cheese, about a handful
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Honey, for drizzling
- 4 eggs, fried (optional)
Yields: Makes 4 Waffles
Preheat waffle maker to medium heat.
Prepare cornbread to package instructions, adding in chopped jalapeños and black pepper. Fold cream cheese and cheddar into the batter.
Once warm, brush inside of waffle maker with melted butter. Pour in batter and cook for 5 minutes or until the cornbread waffles are golden brown.
Drizzle with warm honey. (Tip: Warm the honey in a glass container on top of the waffle maker while the waffles are cooking!)
For a brunch item, top each waffle with an egg.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook