Use this pesto sauce while making Julianne Moore's Lasagne alle Verdure.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Generous pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
Yields: Makes about 1 cup
Drop garlic into a food processor with the motor running and process until chopped.
Add the basil, pine nuts, and salt. Pulse until the basil and pine nuts are coarsely chopped; continue processing until finely chopped.
Drizzle in the olive oil with the motor running..
Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the grated cheeses.
*The pesto can be stored in a tightly sealed jar, topped with a thin layer of extra-virgin olive oil, for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook