Kirstie Alley's Organic Turkey Chili
Rachael and Kirstie whip up this hearty and healthy chili when she comes to visit!
- 1/8 cup organic olive oil
- 4 cups organic chopped onions
- 5 pounds organic free-range ground turkey breast
- 3 28-ounce cans chunky organic tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can organic tomato paste
- 2 cups free-range organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 packets organic chili seasoning packets
- 3 cans organic pinto beans
- 2 cans organic black beans
Yields: Feeds 300 (just kidding!)
Heat oil in a big pot. Add onions and sauté a while.
Brown ground turkey breast with the onions until the turkey is completely cooked. Keep stirring and turning to break up the turkey while browning (it will end up in small, rock-like pieces).
Add tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken broth, and season with salt, cumin, cayenne and chili seasoning. Add beans and simmer on low for about 30-45 minutes.
Serve with grated cheese and chopped onion on top and with plenty of oyster crackers alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook