Linguine With White Clam Sauce
One of Rachael's "in the pantry" suppers.
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tin flat anchovy fillets, drained
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 15-ounce can whole baby clams
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Crusty bread
Yields: 4 servings
Put a large pot of water over high heat. When water boils, add salt and pasta. Cook until slightly underdone, about 6-7 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add EVOO, garlic and anchovies. Cook until anchovies melt into the oil, add thyme and wine. Simmer to reduce, about 1 minute. Stir in clams with their juice and the lemon zest.
Drain pasta, add to skillet and toss with sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes until pasta is al dente and has absorbed some flavor. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread for mopping up remaining juices.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook