Myra & Brendan Christopher's French Green Bean Salad With Blueberry Dressing
One of the finalist's recipes in Rachael's "Ten Ingredient Challenge"
- 2 pounds French green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1/4 pound fresh parmesan cheese, shaved
Yields: 8 servings
Blanch green beans in boiling water until tender, approximately 3 minutes. Remove beans from heat and submerge in an ice water bath.
For the vinaigrette, put EVOO, balsamic, brown sugar, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup blueberries in food processor. Pulse until blueberries are puréed.
Drain green beans and mix with the remaining blueberries in a salad bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over beans and berries. Top with shaved parmesan.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook