Ohio Nachos are made on potato chips rather than corn tortilla chips. Here cheese sauce, blue cheese crumbles and hot sauce top kettle-cooked potato chips and are garnished with finely chopped crunchy carrot, celery and green onion, Buffalo-style.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red Fresno chili pepper or jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) shredded Monterey Jack or mild cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 large or 2 medium bags good quality kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Frank’s® RedHot® or other cayenne pepper hot sauce
- Celery and carrots, finely chopped into 1/8 inch dice, for garnish
- 1 small bundle of scallions, finely chopped or thinly sliced
- Optional toppings: Chives and parsley or eliminate the blue cheese crumbles and garnish with finely chopped tomato, red onion and cilantro.
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Heat butter in a saucepan, add onions, garlic, chili pepper and stir 2-3 minutes. Add flour and stir 1 minute. Whisk in milk and thicken; stir in Monterey Jack and Parm cheeses.
Arrange a layer of potato chips on a baking sheet, top with cheese sauce and blue cheese crumbles. Place in oven and bake until cheese melts and the edges are brown.
Serve on a platter or in shallow bowls topped with hot sauce and finely chopped carrot, celery and onion.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook