Make this for your next party and use the leftovers on a veggie sandwich or toasted bread for a snack.
- 5 pita breads, cut into triangular wedges
- 6 cups pitted Kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup (a handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 anchovy (optional but recommended)
- 1/4 cup (eyeball it) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
Yields: 6-8 servings, 1 quart of tapenade
While bread is toasting, combine the remaining ingredients except the onion in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium-size bowl and mix in the red onion. Serve the olive tapenade with the toasted pitas alongside.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Arrange the pita bread wedges on a cookie sheet in a single layer (use 2 cookie sheets if you run out of room). Transfer to the oven and toast for about 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook