Pia's Veggie Quesadillas
This recipe was featured in Idol "Rival Ray" cook-off.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar, shredded
- 2 cups low-fat mozzarella, shredded
- Store-bought salsa, for dipping
- Store -bought guacamole, for dipping
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté peppers and onions until tender and slightly brown, about 3-4 minutes. Reserve.
Place tortillas on work surface. Sprinkle a quarter of the cheeses evenly over one half of each tortilla. Top with pepper-and-onion mixture and fold the tortillas into half-moons to cover the fillings.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place one quesadilla in the skillet and cook on one side until brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook another minute, until brown and melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and guacamole on the side, for dipping.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook