Pork Chops with Fennel, Apple, Onion and Cider Sauce
- 1 cup cloudy apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark amber maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 bulb fennel, quartered, cored and thinly sliced, reserve 1/4 cup finely chopped fronds
- 2 Honeycrisp or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Heat oven to 350°F.
Place cider in a small pot, bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Reduce by half, 20 minutes. Add vinegar, syrup, mustard, 2 tablespoons butter and reduce heat to low to keep warm.
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the egg noodles.
Meanwhile, season chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a tablespoon of EVOO in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops and brown on both sides than transfer chops to oven to finish cooking them through, 10-12 minutes.
Add another tablespoon EVOO to the pan and sauté the fennel, apples and onions to tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook egg noodles to just tender and drain. Toss with remaining 2 tablespoons butter, reserved fennel fronds, parsley, salt and pepper.
Top chops with sautéed fennel, apples and onions, spoon cider sauce over top, serve egg noodles alongside.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook