- 4 thin, bone-in pork chops, loin pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion, 1/3 palmful
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs such as thyme, parsley, rosemary, oregano or marjoram, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for shallow frying
- For the Orange and Red Onion Topping:
- 4 medium navel or blood oranges
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano or marjoram
- Salt and pepper
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
Season the chops with salt and pepper. Arrange 3 shallow dishes: one with flour, one with the eggs beaten with mustard and one with the breadcrumbs seasoned with cheese, garlic, onion and herbs. Bread the pork first in flour, then the eggs and finally the seasoned breadcrumbs.
Heat a thin layer of oil, 3-4 tablespoons, in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Brown pork chops about 5 minutes, turning once then transfer skillet to oven and cook through, about 10 minutes more.
For the Orange and Red Onion Topping, peel and section the oranges away from section membranes and chop. Combine with onions, parsley and oregano, and season with salt and pepper; dress with olive oil.
Top chops with orange salad and serve.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook