Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Cutlets with Sweet & Salty Stuffing
Sweet and salty... perfect together!
This recipe was featured in the November 2012 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 4- to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken or veal cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano (a couple of handfuls)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or sliced almonds toasted
- 1 small chile pepper (such as Italian cherry or Fresno), seeded and finely chopped or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon grated orange or lemon zest
- 4 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 450ºF. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the chicken (or veal) with salt and pepper, and cook, turning once, for 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, bring about 1/4 cup water and the sherry, if using, to a boil, scraping up the browned bits. In a small bowl, pour the liquid over the raisins and let plump for 5 minutes, then drain and chop. In another bowl, combine the raisins, cheese, parsley, pine nuts or almonds, chile pepper, capers, garlic and zest.
Mound the stuffing onto the cutlets and wrap with the prosciutto. Top each with 1 piece of butter. Bake on a baking sheet until the prosciutto is crisp, about 5 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook