Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Herb Ricotta
This recipe was featured in the February 2012 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- A few leaves basil, chopped
- A couple sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4 small pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast, butterflied
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 4 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- A splash of white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a bowl, season the ricotta with salt and pepper. Stir in the Parmigiano-Reggiano, garlic, parsley, basil and thyme. Place some of the ricotta mixture on each butterflied piece of chicken and fold the breast over. Drizzle with EVOO and wrap with prosciutto.
Heat an ovenproof skillet with a drizzle of EVOO. Add the chicken bundles and brown over medium-high heat, turning once, for 4-6 minutes. Transfer to the oven to cook through, 12-15 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pan and deglaze the pan with wine. Swirl in the butter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken to serve.
Serve this dish with an arugula-tomato salad alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook