Pumpkin Polenta with Grilled Vegetables and Sausage
All the flavors of fall in one yummy meal.
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 4 sprigs plus 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped, divided
- 1 eggplant, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 head radicchio, cored and cut in quarters
- 4 links bulk hot Italian sausage
- 4 links bulk sweet Italian sausage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree or frozen butternut squash puree, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
Yields: 4 servings
When the sausage and vegetables finish cooking, slice the sausage on a bias and serve over the polenta mixture with the vegetables alongside.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of the EVOO and rosemary sprigs. Brush over the eggplant and radicchio. Grill sausage, eggplant and radicchio until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
While sausage and vegetables are cooking, bring the chicken stock and milk to a boil in a saucepan. Once the liquid comes to a boil, add polenta and stir with a wooden spoon until it all comes together. Stir in the pumpkin puree, then add the butter and honey. Finish with rosemary, salt and plenty of black pepper.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook