Red Wine & Blue Burgers
These all-American burgers are jam-packed with flavor.
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 3 scallions, white and green parts chopped
- 2 teaspoons (about a half palmful) grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 2 bunches of watercress, trimmed of any thick stems
- 6 ribs celery, cut into three-inch sticks
- Fancy potato chips, such as rosemary chips
Yields: 4 servings
While the burgers are cooking, put together the blue part of the meal: In a mixing bowl, combine the buttermilk, blue cheese, hot sauce and a little salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
In a bowl, combine the ground sirloin, scallions, grill seasoning, Worcestershire, black pepper, a little salt and the red wine, and mix until thoroughly combined.
Using the back of your hand, score the meat into 4 equal portions then make each portion into patties about an inch thick. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Once it starts to ripple, add the patties and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side, until they reach desired doneness.
Place a burger on top of each toasted bun bottom, top that with some of the watercress and a couple of dollops of the blue sauce. Serve with some fancy chips and celery sticks alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook