Ricotta Pie Calzones
Serve these as a party starter or dinner with a salad.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup prosciutto, finely diced
- 1/4 cup salami, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 ball pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
Yields: 4-6 servings
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
In a large bowl, mix the ricotta with 1 egg yolk, garlic, Parmigiano, mozzarella, parsley, prosciutto, salami, salt and ground black pepper.
Dust a clean work surface with some flour. Divide the pizza dough into 6 balls. Roll out each dough ball to about 6 inches in diameter. Divide the filling among each, leaving a 1/2-inch rim around the edge.
In a small bowl, whisk up the remaining egg with a little bit of water. Using a pastry brush, brush the rim of each filled dough circle then fold in half to form a half moon shape. Pinch the sides gently to secure the filling inside the calzone.
Place the calzones onto a baking sheet. Add the confectioner’s sugar to the remaining egg wash and brush the top of each. Cut three slits into the top of each. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with a green salad alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook